Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from BBC Good Food, can be frozen unbaked.
Make and share this Cheese and Onion Slice recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Boil potatoes for 15 mins until tender, drain and smash a little.
- Mix the cheese, cayenne and onions with the smashed potatoes.
- Roll out the pastry to a rectangle about 25 x 35cm. Lift onto a baking sheet and brush all over with beaten egg.
- Press the cheese mix along one of the long sides of the pastry, leaving 2cm pastry free on one side for sealing, and half of the pastry empty.
- Fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges together, trim with a knife and seal with a fork.
- Brush with egg and bake for 30 minutes.