From Syllabub's blog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, kept very cold and cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt, a good large pinch
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon nigella seeds (black onion seeds)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until ingredients come together in a loose ball. Turn out onto plastic wrap. Work the mass together with the tips of your fingers until blended. Form into a log and wrap tightly. Chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment or Silpat.
- 3Dip the tip of a knife into a mug of very hot water, then cut thin slices off the log. Place on baking sheet about 1" apart. Bake 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove to a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Onion Scrumps
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 71.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: