Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Syllabub's blog.
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, kept very cold and cut into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt, a good large pinch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon nigella seeds (black onion seeds)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until ingredients come together in a loose ball. Turn out onto plastic wrap. Work the mass together with the tips of your fingers until blended. Form into a log and wrap tightly. Chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment or Silpat.
- Dip the tip of a knife into a mug of very hot water, then cut thin slices off the log. Place on baking sheet about 1" apart. Bake 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove to a rack to cool.