Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
delicious and simple this recipe you can have for lunch dinner or bring to share at a party.
- 125 g whole meal flour
- 125 g medium oats
- 0.25 ml salt
- 125 g margarine
- 29.58-44.37 ml water
- 29.58 ml oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- 250 g cheddar cheese, grated
- place the flour, oats and salt in a mixing bowl and rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles bread-crumbs.
- add the water and mix to a firm dough.
- turn onto floured surface and need lightly until smooth.
- roll out and use to line a 20 inch flan dish.
- chill for 15 minutes.
- meanwhile make the filling.
- heat the oil in a pan; add the onions and fry gently till transparent.
- mix the eggs and milk together, then stir in the cheese and onions salt and pepper to taste.
- pour into flan case and bake in a preheated oven, 190 or 375, for 30-35 minutes.
- serve hot or cold with salad.