Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We have this on sunday mornings with back bacon and fruit on the side.
Make and share this Cheese and Onion Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- PASTRY CRUST:
- Sift the all purpose flour into a mixing bowl.
- Combine with the corn oil, butter and a dash of salt.
- Mix well until the texture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the cold water, and mix well to form a dough.
- Knead lightly and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Chop the onions into cubes.
- In a frying pan, saute the onions in butter.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs well.
- Add the cream and grated gruyere cheese and mix well.
- Roll out the pastry dough in an 8-inch round baking dish.
- Spread the fried onions on the bottom of the pastry crust.
- Pour in the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately half an hour, until the filling has set.
- Temperature of oven should be set at 400 degrees.
- Garnish with chopped chives or parsley.
Well, this was quite tasty. We had it for supper with sliced garden-fresh tomatoes and it was perfect for those times when one wants to eat "light." Next time, I think I will throw in a few green onions.