Recipe by JoyfulCook
A delicious combination of mature cheddar cheese and chopped onion wrapped in a case of shortcrust pastry, Eat it straight out of the oven — great for packed lunches or picnics
- 500 g pastry dough, short crust or 500 g bought pastry dough
- 2 cups grated cheese, mature cheddar
- 1 onion, large, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, course black
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pastry into rounds, I use a side plate and just cut around it.
- Pre heat the oven to 210°C.
- Mix the grated cheese with the onion adding the pepper and salt,.
- Beat the egg and brush around the edge of the pastry and carefully lift the pastry up and pinch together, brush the egg over the outside and poke a few vent holes on either side, I use a satay stick to do this.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until light golden brown.