Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
great for lunch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Stir together the dry ingredients then stir in cheese.
- Combine the soup mix and milk.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Beat egg, milk mixture and oil and add to the dry ingredients mixing lightly just to combine.
- Spoon into well greased muffin trays and bake at 375F degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve Hot.
Yes, these were good for lunch! They dissapeared in a flash! But I was suspiscious of the 1 tablespoon of baking powder .. so I used 1 teaspoon. They rose beautifully! I also added a couple of BIG teaspoons of seeded mustard because I only had mild cheddar cheese and I thought they would need the extra flavour. This proved very successful. Also I sprinkled a little grated cheese on top of each muffin before baking. Thanks Evie*!
not keen on the idea of processed packet soup, so i finely chopped and sauteed a small onion and added that to the mix. i also used one third polenta instead of flour, for more texture and nutritional variety. yum!
Sooo easy to make. Tasted excellent too. My partner was impressed (as you can gather i don't bake very often). I also found that cooking them an extra 6-7mins at 190C helps. These make smallish muffins so next time i will put more mix in each. Thanks Evie