Prep 3 hrs
Cook 50 mins
I tried this recipe for the first time from my Black and Decker Bread Machine Cookbook and was very impressed with myself. Even though the machine made it I can still screw things up, but I didn't and it came out perfect. I subsituted 1-1/3 cup plus 3 tbsp of 1% milk in place of the powered milk and water and used the 1-1/4 tsp of bread machine yeast
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups white flour
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄3 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- Measure ingredients in the order listed into baking pan.
- Insert baking pan into oven chamber, twist to secure.
- Close lid.
- Select: Sweet Bread Setting.
- Select"Regular" or"Dark" crust.
- Press start and wait till it is finished.
It's still in the machine and proving now. My immediate observation however is that there is far too much flour or not enough liquid in this recipe...<br/>I have adjusted with milk and yoghurt.<br/>Looks good now.<br/>I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out!
My family really likes this bread. It makes great roast beef sandwiches.
Delicious, Next time I will wait until all mixing is done and then roll the onion and cheese into the dough manually. The mixing cycle beats the cheese right into the dough and I think it should be left in chunks.