Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This tomato recipe wins extra points for presentation. This is a wonderful side dish for steak of warm tuna salad, and it's great heated in the microwave for a quick lunch. GOOD TO KNOW: Cut out the saturated fat by using fat-free feta cheese. This dish works as a small lunch or a side.
- 4 medium rice tomatoes (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut tops off tomatoes; discard. Carefully scoop out tomato pulp, leaving shells intact; finely chop pulp. Combine pulp with remaining ingredients. Place tomato shells in an 8-inch square baking dish. Divide pulp mixture evenly among tomato shells. Broil 2 minutes or until tomato just begins to blister and topping is browned.