1 hr 30 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
This recipe calls for 24 jumbo shells pasta but the program won't let me enter this as an ingredient; it wants a weight or size. Also, I would suggest you cook more than that as some may break apart and not be usable. Source: Better Homes and Gardens = http://recipes.bhg.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (26 ounce) jar thick and chunky pasta sauce (2-3/4 cups)
- 2Cook a few extra shells to replace any that tear during cooking.
- 3Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- 4Drain shells; rinse with cold water and drain well. Set shells aside.
- 5Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 6Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl stir together the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the walnuts, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 7Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish.
- 8Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling into each cooked shell.
- 9Arrange filled shells in the baking dish.
- 10Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- 11Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 12Bake, covered, about 45 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Nut Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.8
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 144.9 mg
- Sodium 1301.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g