Recipe by Nana Lee
This recipe calls for 24 jumbo shells pasta but the program won't let me enter this as an ingredient; it wants a weight or size. Also, I would suggest you cook more than that as some may break apart and not be usable. Source: Better Homes and Gardens = http://recipes.bhg.com
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (26 ounce) jarthick and chunky pasta sauce (2-3/4 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook a few extra shells to replace any that tear during cooking.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Drain shells; rinse with cold water and drain well. Set shells aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl stir together the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the walnuts, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling into each cooked shell.
- Arrange filled shells in the baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, covered, about 45 minutes or until heated through.