Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe calls for 24 jumbo shells pasta but the program won't let me enter this as an ingredient; it wants a weight or size. Also, I would suggest you cook more than that as some may break apart and not be usable. Source: Better Homes and Gardens = http://recipes.bhg.com
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (26 ounce) jarthick and chunky pasta sauce (2-3/4 cups)
- Cook a few extra shells to replace any that tear during cooking.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Drain shells; rinse with cold water and drain well. Set shells aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl stir together the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the walnuts, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling into each cooked shell.
- Arrange filled shells in the baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, covered, about 45 minutes or until heated through.