Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this in an e-mail! Delicious with or without the nuts!
- 24 dried jumbo pasta shells
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (26 ounce) jarthick and chunky pasta sauce, 2-3/4 cups (or spaghetti sauce)
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain shells; rinse with cold water and drain again. Place shells aside. Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Meanwhile, to make filling:.
- In a large bowl stir together the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the walnuts, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in bottom of a 3-quart baking dish. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling into each cooked shell. Arrange filled shells in the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over shells. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, covered, about 45 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!
- Makes 6 servings.
Had these on Christmas Eve and they were a HUGE hit. Used fresh basil instead of parsley and added roasted winter vegetables to a pasta sauce to top it off. Excellent.