1/1 Photo of Cheese and Noodle Pie
Sweet PQ?'s Note:
I got this recipe about 20 years ago, from a girl I used to work with. She'd bring it in to work and share with all of us. It was really good and we all asked her for the recipe. Here it is. Sometimes when I make this, I add 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle powder to the custard mix for a little "zing".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour, salt and dry mustard into a bowl. Stir in the melted butter and 1 cup of the grated cheddar, mixing thoroughly. Press evenly over bottom and up the sides of a 9" deep pie plate.
- 2Saute the onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until soft and transparent. Add the noodles and combine. Toss and spread in the cheese crust.
- 3Beat the eggs. Add milk, salt, pepper and remaining 1 cup of cheese. Pour over the noodles.
- 4Bake in a preheated 325* oven for 35-40 minutes, or until custard is set.
- 5If desired, you can sprinkle additional grated cheddar over the top of the pie, 5 minutes before it is finished baking (really good!).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Noodle Pie
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.9
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 214.6 mg
- Sodium 1153.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 24.4 g