Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received this recipe thru a recipe an email recipe exchange. I have yet to try it, but it looks pretty good.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onion and garlic. Add mushrooms and cook until liquid evaporates, Set aside.
- Mix together ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper, thyme and sage.
- Turn out the meat mixture onto a large sheet of foil or wax paper (spray the foil or wax paper with Pam so the meat won't stick).
- Form the meat into a 9x12x 1/2" rectangle/ Spread the mushroom filling onto the meat leaving 1/2" boarder around the edge. Cover the mushrooms with cheese. Roll up jelly roll style using the foil or paper to form.
- Place seam side down in a 9x5 pan. Bake 1 hour. Pour off juice and let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
This has been a great new favorite everybody loves it
This was very good... I really like the presentation. I did use a bit more garlic. I think if I made it again, I'd add some bacon (probably to the mushroom mixture).