Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received this recipe thru a recipe an email recipe exchange. I have yet to try it, but it looks pretty good.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onion and garlic. Add mushrooms and cook until liquid evaporates, Set aside.
- Mix together ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper, thyme and sage.
- Turn out the meat mixture onto a large sheet of foil or wax paper (spray the foil or wax paper with Pam so the meat won't stick).
- Form the meat into a 9x12x 1/2" rectangle/ Spread the mushroom filling onto the meat leaving 1/2" boarder around the edge. Cover the mushrooms with cheese. Roll up jelly roll style using the foil or paper to form.
- Place seam side down in a 9x5 pan. Bake 1 hour. Pour off juice and let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
This has been a great new favorite everybody loves it
This was very good... I really like the presentation. I did use a bit more garlic. I think if I made it again, I'd add some bacon (probably to the mushroom mixture).