Recipe by *Asha*
I love mushrooms! And if I can combine them with cheese (my other passion) and pasta than it can't get any better. You can use Asiago cheese instead of cheddar, which goes great with mushroom as well. This recipe does not require pre-cooking the pasta.
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 manicotti
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl combine 1 cup of the Mozzarella with all of the Cheddar cheese, mushrooms, olives, onion, bread crumbs, egg, milk, parsley, and pepper until mixed well. Set aside.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and water and pour half the sauce into a shallow 3 quart casserole or baking dish.
- Stuff manicotti shells with cheese mixture and arrange side by side in sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Bake, covered, in a 375F degree oven for about 1 hour. Remove cover and sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese, and return to oven, uncovered, for about 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese, your favorite garlic bread and side salad.