- 8 ounces lentils
- 15 fluid ounces water
- 4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the lentils in the water until soft, and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Chop the onion, and fry in oil spray until soft.
- Combine all the ingredients and press into a 9inch sandwich tin lined with baking parchment.
- Bake at 190°C/Gas 5/375°F for 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold, cut into wedges.
- Tip: If you like your foods with a bit more 'kick', add chilli and/or garlic when frying the onion.
- Number of Servings: 8.