Recipe by Sam1
I found this recipe in an Australian weekly magazine about 15 years ago. It is simple and tasty.
- 1 kg skinless chicken piece
- 1 packet cheese and leek soup
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 125 g sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll the chicken pieces in the dry soup.
- Heat oil or butter in a frying pan and fry coated chicken till golden brown.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish.
- Put leftover soup into a small pot and add milk, celery and mushrooms.
- Bring to the boil and stir till thickens.
- Add more milk if necessary.
- Pour over chicken, cover and put in a preheated moderate oven for about 1 hour or till tender.
- I serve spiral noodles and a tossed salad.