Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love bacon jalapeño poppers and by adding the same ingredients to chicken breasts...you can have a whole meal with that jalapeño popper flavor. For less fat use low fat cheeses and center cut bacon.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, jack or blue cheese also work well)
- 2 diced jalapenos
- chili powder
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- 8 toothpicks
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- grease baking dish.
- cut a pouch in each chicken breast fillet, careful not to poke through
- spread 1 Tbsp cream cheese in each pouch.
- add 1/4 shredded cheese in each pouch.
- add diced jalapeños to each pouch (more or less than 1/2 a jalapeño per chicken breast depending on your spice level preference)
- sprinkle garlic salt, chili powder and pepper on top of fillets to taste.
- wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each fillet
- secure each bacon piece with 1 toothpick near the opening of the pouch to keep fillet together.
- place in oven
- bake for 30 minutes.
Great recipe, made them the other night without bacon and just as good.
Absolutely loved this recipe. Couple small changes... I marinated the chicken in some jerk sauce. I didn't add the shredded jack cheese & instead put a slice of swiss chard (or can use spinach) on each breast before wrapping them up. Cooked up great & was very very tasty, thanks for sharing.
Bacon was not done on bottom of chicken, but it was good so I am going to try it again and make alterations.