Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love bacon jalapeño poppers and by adding the same ingredients to chicken breasts...you can have a whole meal with that jalapeño popper flavor. For less fat use low fat cheeses and center cut bacon.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, jack or blue cheese also work well)
- 2 diced jalapenos
- chili powder
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- 8 toothpicks
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- grease baking dish.
- cut a pouch in each chicken breast fillet, careful not to poke through
- spread 1 Tbsp cream cheese in each pouch.
- add 1/4 shredded cheese in each pouch.
- add diced jalapeños to each pouch (more or less than 1/2 a jalapeño per chicken breast depending on your spice level preference)
- sprinkle garlic salt, chili powder and pepper on top of fillets to taste.
- wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each fillet
- secure each bacon piece with 1 toothpick near the opening of the pouch to keep fillet together.
- place in oven
- bake for 30 minutes.
Great recipe, made them the other night without bacon and just as good.
Bacon...ohhhh, the aroma! Gotta be what heaven smells like...gotta be!
Absolutely loved this recipe. Couple small changes... I marinated the chicken in some jerk sauce. I didn't add the shredded jack cheese & instead put a slice of swiss chard (or can use spinach) on each breast before wrapping them up. Cooked up great & was very very tasty, thanks for sharing.