Recipe by Dib's
I LOVE GRITS! This is a great recipe and I like to serve this for breakfast with biscuits and gravy and then take a long walk or roll back into bed!
Top Review by Starrynews
Very nice recipe! We enjoyed the kick from the jalapeno and cayenne pepper. I only needed two servings, so I scaled down the recipe and baked in two ramekins. Perfect! Thanks for sharing! Made for Culinary Quest '14.
- 1 lb old cheddar cheese, grated (smoked gouda is nice also)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 -6 jalapenos, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup hot grits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a casserole dish-8 1/2 x 11 Place the hot grits in a large bowl and stir in the cheese, butter, cayenne, garlic, salt and jalapeno peppers.
- Whisk the eggs well and stir into the grit mixture.
- Pour into the casserole dish and bake until set and lightly browned, around 45 minutes.