The most delicious bread I have ever made, and surprisingly easy. You can top with onions, rosemary, or other herbs spices and cheeses for a variation. I like to double the jalapeno's and use jarred old el paso peppers because they are my favorite. If you cut it in half and put sandwich meat and veggies in the middle its a supper to die for.
- In a bowl mix together 1 cup of flour, sugar salt and yeast.
- Heat 2 T of oil and water until warm.
- Beat in egg.
- Add to flour mixture and mix until moistened.
- Beat for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in 1 and ¾ cups of flour a little at a time until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead in remaining flour.
- Place in bowl and cover for 8 minutes.
- Remove dough and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap and two tea towels.
- Let rise for 35 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and poke holes in one-inch intervals with a knife.
- Pour 4 T of oil on top, and sprinkle rosemary, cheese and jalapeno's across the top as well.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden.