1/3 Photos of Cheese and Jalapeno Focaccia Bread
1 hr 20 mins
The most delicious bread I have ever made, and surprisingly easy. You can top with onions, rosemary, or other herbs spices and cheeses for a variation. I like to double the jalapeno's and use jarred old el paso peppers because they are my favorite. If you cut it in half and put sandwich meat and veggies in the middle its a supper to die for.
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl mix together 1 cup of flour, sugar salt and yeast.
- 2Heat 2 T of oil and water until warm.
- 3Beat in egg.
- 4Add to flour mixture and mix until moistened.
- 5Beat for 3 more minutes.
- 6Stir in 1 and ¾ cups of flour a little at a time until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- 7Place dough on a floured surface and knead in remaining flour.
- 8Place in bowl and cover for 8 minutes.
- 9Remove dough and place on greased cookie sheet.
- 10Cover with greased plastic wrap and two tea towels.
- 11Let rise for 35 minutes.
- 12Remove plastic wrap and poke holes in one-inch intervals with a knife.
- 13Pour 4 T of oil on top, and sprinkle rosemary, cheese and jalapeno's across the top as well.
- 14Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Jalapeno Focaccia Bread
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 390.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 10.9 g