Recipe by Tish
The flexability in these muffins in in the choice of the herbs. Customize them to fit the meal you are making. Really good!
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 3 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, minced or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried herbs (of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the beaten egg with the oil and buttermilk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stil until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in the grated cheese and herbs Divide the batter amont 12 lightly oiled or paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of one tests clean.
- Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container as soon as the muffins are at room temperature.