1/2 Photos of Cheese and Herb Corn Muffins
The flexability in these muffins in in the choice of the herbs. Customize them to fit the meal you are making. Really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup corn kernel
- 3 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, minced or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried herbs (of your choice)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- 2Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- 3In another bowl, combine the beaten egg with the oil and buttermilk.
- 4Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stil until thoroughly mixed.
- 5Stir in the grated cheese and herbs Divide the batter amont 12 lightly oiled or paper lined muffin tins.
- 6Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of one tests clean.
- 7Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container as soon as the muffins are at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Herb Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (843 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1736.1
- Calories from Fat 787
- Total Fat 87.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.0 g
- Cholesterol 128.4 mg
- Sodium 3260.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 181.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.5 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 69.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed fresh herbs