Recipe by Cookingupastorm
This is a great bread to serve with stews or casseroles. I always make it when I cook my Jumbuck Stew which I think is listed here under Aussie Jumbuck Stew. My measurements are using the Australian tablespoon.
Top Review by Rita~
So easy made in my food processor in order as directed. The tasty cheese I used was cheddar and followed all but the cooking time I had to bake for 45 minutes. Served with Recipe # 111587 Thanks!
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 finely sliced spring onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon extra milk
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and cayenne into a bowl, rub in butter.
- Add cheeses, onion, parsley, stir to combine.
- Add the combined egg and milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured board until smooth. Shape dough into a round and place on a lightly greased cooking sheet.
- Brush loaf with extra milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook in a moderate 350f oven for 30 minutes or until bread is browned and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.