1 hr 15 mins
Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
This lovely dish packed with healthy vegetables will add vibrant colour to your everyday meal. This works well with aubergine too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the stuffing
- 50 g butter
- 100 g button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed, well rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 slice white bread, thick slice, cut into small cubes
- 2 slices ham, chopped
- 150 g double Gloucester cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons mizkan seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped, to serve
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Cut the squash in half lengthways and discard the seeds and fibres from the centre. Score the flesh with a sharp knife andplace in a shallow baking tray, flesh side up. Brush the flesh with olive oil and season with pepper. Roast for 40 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
- 3Ten minutes before the end of cooking time, make the stuffing. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the mushrooms and leeks for 5 minutes more, stirring often. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the ham, half the cheese and the rice vinegar.
- 4Remove the squash from the oven and carefully spoon out the flesh, leaving a thin border to support thr skins. Mash the flesh and add to the stuffing along with the parsley. Return the skins to the baking tray and divide the stuffing between each one, pressing down lightly and piling up as necessary. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts and the filling is piping hot. Scatter with chives and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Ham Stuffed Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 255.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
double Gloucester cheese
seasoned rice vinegar