Prep 30 mins
Cook 720 hrs
Fantastic side dish with chicken or fish.
- 4 white onions, peeled
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 4 sprigs rosemary, lower leave removed and chopped
- 8 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Boil the onions in plenty of water for 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Remove the top 1 inch from each onion, chopping these tops and leaving to one side.
- Trim stalk end of onion so it will stand flat on a roasting tray and spoon out middle of each onion to create a hollow middle.
- Chop the scooped out middles and add to the tops on one side.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add chopped onion, chopped rosemary and garlic.
- Fry for two minutes, turn the heat down and add the cream.
- Stir in parmesan and season.
- Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each onion using the stalk of the rosemary to secure
- Place onions on a roasting tray and spoon in the chopped onion, cream mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until tender.