Recipe by mollypaul
A fun Swiss dish with a Celtic twist, this conversational dish is perfect for those cold winter nights. Cooking time is approximate.
Top Review by Kristin DeRamus
Fantastic, sophisticated flavor fondue. For dipping, served it with crusty Asiago bread chunks, roasted potato cubes, and freshly cut celery. Truthfully it was filling for two, glad I didn't make any other sides. Delicious and thanks for sharing Molly53!
- 2 lbs cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 pint Guinness stout
- 6 -8 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- bread, chunks for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Put grated cheese into a fondue dish or enameled iron casserole and melt slowly over medium heat, stirring continuously so as not to scorch.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until the fondue thickens slightly.
- For dipping use chunks of French bread or toast.