Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe is from Rachael Ray magazine.
Make and share this Cheese and Green Chile Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 828.06 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (226.79 g) can diced green chilies, drained
- 236.59 ml sour cream or 236.59 ml Mexican crema
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- cilantro leaf, chopped (a handful plus whole leaves for topping)
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- extra virgin olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- thinly sliced jalapeno pepper, for topping
- red onion, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheese, canned chiles, sour cream (or crema), yellow onion, garlic, chopped cilantro and cumin.
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Using tongs, add 1 tortilla at a time, turning in the oil to soften for a few seconds.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dollop a few tablespoons of the cheese mixture onto each tortilla and roll up like a cigar (you will use about half to two-thirds of your filling).
- Arrange the enchiladas in a single layer in a casserole dish.
- Cover with the remaining cheese mixture and bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Top with jalapenos, red onions and whole cilantro leaves.