Recipe is from Rachael Ray magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 828.06 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (226.79 g) can diced green chilies, drained
- 236.59 ml sour cream or 236.59 ml Mexican crema
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- cilantro leaf, chopped (a handful plus whole leaves for topping)
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- extra virgin olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- thinly sliced jalapeno pepper, for topping
- red onion, for topping
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the cheese, canned chiles, sour cream (or crema), yellow onion, garlic, chopped cilantro and cumin.
- 3Heat 1/4 inch oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot.
- 4Using tongs, add 1 tortilla at a time, turning in the oil to soften for a few seconds.
- 5Drain on paper towels.
- 6Dollop a few tablespoons of the cheese mixture onto each tortilla and roll up like a cigar (you will use about half to two-thirds of your filling).
- 7Arrange the enchiladas in a single layer in a casserole dish.
- 8Cover with the remaining cheese mixture and bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- 9Top with jalapenos, red onions and whole cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Green Chile Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.9
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.9 mg
- Sodium 1280.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 30.3 g