Recipe by dale!
To serve with dips and soups.
Top Review by pumacreek
I made the spread with 1/2 x-virgin olive oil and 1/2 melted butter, just for the heck of it and so it'd spread when cold. I made a small jarful to stick in the frig while I was at it, so I can make a few or many at a moment's notice. I used syrian oregano (zaatar) and whole wheat pitas. These are so good -- both lightly bready and delicately crunchy. Special and perfect with a soup or salad. I broil them and they're ready in minutes. This recipe is a real find. Thanks very much.
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 125 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or other herb of your choice)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Split each pitta bread in half horizontally, then cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Place butter, basil and garlic in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Place pitta wedges, cut side up, on an oiled baking tray.
- Brush each wedge with butter mixture, then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake in a 200 degree C oven for 10 minutes until crisp and golden.