Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
To serve with dips and soups.
Make and share this Cheese and Garlic Crisps recipe from Food.com.
- Split each pitta bread in half horizontally, then cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Place butter, basil and garlic in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Place pitta wedges, cut side up, on an oiled baking tray.
- Brush each wedge with butter mixture, then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake in a 200 degree C oven for 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
I made the spread with 1/2 x-virgin olive oil and 1/2 melted butter, just for the heck of it and so it'd spread when cold. I made a small jarful to stick in the frig while I was at it, so I can make a few or many at a moment's notice. I used syrian oregano (zaatar) and whole wheat pitas. These are so good -- both lightly bready and delicately crunchy. Special and perfect with a soup or salad. I broil them and they're ready in minutes. This recipe is a real find. Thanks very much.
My uncle used to make these all the time! Too bad more people don't try them! We would keep them in tins and they keep for a couple of days. Great recipe! Thanks for posting ;-) (You can add all kinds of herbs to this)