Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A special dish for breakfast, lunch or a light supper.
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms, , drained
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until thick.
- Cook and stir green peppers and onion in butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until tender.
- Add tomato sauce and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Heat lightly greased griddle over medium heat.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt, beat into eggs gradually.
- Fold in cheese.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle.
- Cook until light and fluffy brown on each side.
- For each serving, top 2 or 3 egg puffs with 1/2 cup sauce.
this was a fantastic repcipe for the whole family to love. it was easy to make and didnt make alot of mess you should try it