Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You will love this recipe I came up with my mistake. It is light, flavorful and tastes great.
- 3 eggs
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce real butter
- 1 pinch dill
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- In a saucepan melt cheese with 2 eggs until creamy
- Set aside the egg and cheese mixture.
- Beat 1 egg with heavy cream and pour into clean pan
- Add salt and pepper
- Flip omelet over in pan and add cheese mixture to the omelet
- Roll up the omelet and set on a plate.
- In the pan add butter and dill until melted
- Lightly brown the butter and dill then pour over the omelet.
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the "melt the cheese in the eggs until creamy" step of this omelette. What I ended up with were lightly scrambled eggs which I then folded into the omelette. Doing it this way added a lot of volume to the omelette. I can see adding chopped ham, etc to the eggs if you want that too. I skipped browning the butter and just sprinkled lightly with dill. Thank you for sharing a new trick for breakfast! Reviewed for PAC Fall '07.