Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This must be a left over from the 70's but it is oh so good and in my house its a kid pleaser. Don't let the unusual ingredients through you off this has to be tasted to be a preciated
- 4 -8 cups mixed salad greens, your choice
- 2 dill pickles, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts or 1⁄2 cup raw salted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper
- fill a shallow bowl with the mixed greens
- toss the dill pickles evenly over the greens
- add the cheese and then the peanuts.
- stir the pickle juice, oil and spices to make the dressing.
- pour dressing over the salad, toss and serve.