Recipe by Melanie Murray
These are different and great tasting especially if you like raisins. The cheese and raisins just have a good taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup currants or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches, with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, currants, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake at 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm.