1/1 Photo of Cheese and Cornbread or Dumplings
This corn bread goes well with chicken dishes or meat. If there are any left overs wrap well and pop into your freezer. I like the touch of jalapenos but that is up to personal taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, sugar& onion salt, mix well.
- 2Stir in the cheddar.
- 3In another bowl whisk together milk, yogurt& egg& jalapeno (if using).
- 4Combine the egg mixture with the dry ingredients, stir until dry ingredients are just moistened (the batter should be lumpy).
- 5Pour into a 9" square sprayed with veggie oil.
- 6Bake in 400F oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the pan.
- 7Cool 10 minutes, cut into squares& serve.
- 8If you want to make dumplings spoon the batter over your favorite stew and simmer covered for about 10 minutes or until just firm MMmmmmm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Cornbread or Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (843 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.3
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 159.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g