Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 5 beaten egg yolks
- 5 stiffly beaten egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter or margarine and stir in flour blending until smooth.
- Add corn, milk, salt, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add cheeses.
- Stir until melted.
- Blend egg yolks into cheese sauce.
- Cool slightly.
- Gently fold egg whites into sauce just until blended.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until puffed up and firm.