Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups corn, frozen or canned
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided (4 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- In a saucepan, combine the water, potatoes, carrots, celery, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add corn and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 2/3 cup cheese and milk, stirring until cheese is melted and chowder is heated through.
- Top servings with remaining cheese.
I thought this turned out pretty well - didn't have any cumin, though. I added in a spicy salsa, though, and threw some tempeh in as well.