Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love corn chowder, have a pot on now!
- 3 potatoes, peel and chop
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 dash black pepper
- 10 ounces corn, frozen whole kernel
- 6 ounces American cheese, shredded
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper, Ground
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- In a large saucepan combine chopped potatoes, water, bouillon granules, ground red pepper, and black pepper.
- Bring to boilin g; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or till potatoes are just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of the milk and the corn.
- In a small bowl stir together remaining 1/2 cup milk and flour; stir into potato mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat till slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add cheese; stir till melted.
- Spoon into 4 soup bowls.
- Top each serving with parsley.
I loved this recipe! It's quick, easy & best of all cheesy. :) It's even good after being frozen.