Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Talk about comfort food! Now maybe if I slipped some diced ham into it...
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 6 ounces American cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan combine potatoes, water, bouillon granules, red pepper, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of the milk and the corn.
- In a small bowl stir together remaining 1/2 cup milk and flour; stir into potato mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Spoon into 4 soup bowls.