Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
You can view a video of how to make this recipe at www.digitalcookbook.tv Another flavored chutney may be used but mango is preferred. I couldn't hear the sound on the video for this for some reason, so I've adapted the directions like I always do because the amount of chutney didn't seem to equal its use, so less chutney may be used origionally it was 5 tbsp. I will re-do them better when I can view or you may wanna try and view yourself.
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3 ounces scallions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 7 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg (for wash)
- Reserve two tbsp of chutney.
- Mix cream cheese, cheese, scallions and curry power and 1 1/2 T of chutney. Place puff pastry on work surface, and cut each sheet into 12 equal squares.
- Equally divide filling between the 24 squares in the center, top evenly with remaining chutney (not the reserved).
- Put egg in a small bowl and beat.
- Egg wash edges, fold over diagonally, and crimp.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes, brush with reserved chutney, and bake for 6 minutes more.
A very simple recipe that tastes delicious.I admit to being a little concerned about the sweetness of them,but I'm glad to say that my fears were unfounded.A lovely little appetiser that went down well with a cold glass of white wine last night.Thanks.
Delicious! I made these using light cream cheese, scallions from my garden and recipe#289383 for the curry. They were very easy to prepare. Thanks so much for posting.