1/2 Photos of Cheese and Chives Muffins With a Gooey Topping
This unique and tasty muffin recipe is a great savoury twist on the popular muffin. It comes from Susanna Tee's book "1 Dough-100 Muffins". If you dont want to indulge too much, leave out the topping, the muffins are great without it, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 280 g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 150 g gouda cheese, grated (or use cheddar)
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1In a big bowl combine flour, salt, pepper and baking powder.
- 2Stir in chives and gouda cheese.
- 3In a second bowl combine all the wet ingredients. Stir into the dry ingredients making sure not to overmix. The dough will be rather stiff.
- 4In a third bowl combine the topping ingredients. It will look like a second muffin batter.
- 5Fill the muffin batter into prepared muffin tins. Scoop a bit of the topping onto each muffin.
- 6Bake in the preheated oven at 190°C/375°F for about 25 minutes. Muffins are ready when lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Chives Muffins With a Gooey Topping
Serving Size: 1 (1010 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 270.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.3 g