Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The original recipe (from Oster) calls for cottage cheese, but I think I'll try it with ricotta, as that's usually what I have on hand.
- 3⁄8 cup water
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons dried chives or 1⁄2 cup fresh chives
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dry active yeast
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Add ingredients to your bread machine as the directions instruct.
- Mine say to add liquid ingredients to bread pan.
- Add all dry ingredients except yeast to bread pan.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and carefully add yeast.
- Choose the "Sweet" bread setting.
- Choose crust color if applicable.
- Press Start!
Very simple and tasty recipe - I followed Annacia's suggestion and used a bit less flour (3 cups) and it turned out lovely. Very light and toasts beautifully. Thank you!
Nice flavor and texture! I was looking for something different and this is it. Do use only 3 cups of flour; the 3-3/4 is way too much. I used oil instead of butter. In case you're curious, the cottage cheese just kinda disappears. Got 6 large rolls and a small (8x4) loaf of bread. Thanks, Karen, for posting . . . Janet
I chose this recipe for 2 reasons, I was out of buns and I had cottage cheese to use up. I was afraid that 3 3/4 cups of flour sounded like a lot so I used 3 cups thinking that I'd add as much of the rest as it needed once it was mixed and I could see how wet it was. I didn't add another pinch and the bread turned out very well indeed. I used fat free cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of egg white, 1 tbsp light margarine, a generous 2 tbsp of dried chives and added a generous tbsp of dried onion and Splenda for the sugar. The recipe made 8 hamburger sized buns that are lovely. They are moist, fluffy and scrumptious. :D