1/2 Photos of Cheese and Chive Omelet
I wanted to use up some egg whites, chives and left over cheese I had in the refrigerator so adapted this recipe from Bon Appetit (November 2006)with my changes. The original recipe used whole eggs and cheddar cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, chives, salt and pepper (I used a lot of pepper) in a bowl.
- 2In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Add egg mixture to pan, cooking for a few minutes until almost set, lifting sides so egg mixture can run under.
- 4Grate (or sprinkle) cheese over top of eggs (I grated it right over the eggs) and cook a few more minutes until cheese melts.
- 5Fold 1/3 of the omelet over the center and then the other side over the center.
- 6Turn omelet onto plate and cut in half or thirds.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Chive Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.8
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 438.6 mg
- Sodium 890.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 30.4 g