Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious appetizer.
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Layer half of the cheeses in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle on peppers, then other half of cheeses.
- Mix eggs and milk together.
- Drizzle over cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes before cutting.
I found the same recipe in a little cookbook I picked up at a yard sale. Was going to post then saw this one. The one in this cookbook would make a enough for a crowd, it calls for 4 cans of green chilies and one dozen eggs. This might help anyone who wishes to double or even triple. It sounds good to me.
I'm doing the South Beach Diet and I made these for easy "to-go" breakfast squares. I didn't have any canned green chili peppers but had a small amount of chopped jalapeno peppers in the bottom of a jar and I chopped and sauteed 3 red chilli peppers to add to those. I used 2% milk. Turned out scrumptious & definitely gets your mouth awake in the mornings!