Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mmmm,mmmm,good! As a side dish or main dish, this is quick, easy, satisfying, and kid friendly!
Make and share this Cheese and Chile Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) candiced green chilies
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 2-quart glass baking dish.
- Combine cheese together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, chiles and beans.
- Alternate layers of cooked rice, cheeses and sour cream mixture, finishing with the cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
This was an awesome vegetarian entree! Cheesy, and not too spicy! I added a small chopped onion. You could get creative and add other vegetables as well, corn, peppers, even chopped cooked meat of your choice! Thanks Ginny!
Super yummy! I read the reviews about it being somewhat bland, so when cooking the rice, I added onions, garlic, seasoned salt and a dash of chili powder to the rice. Also added seasoned salt to the sour cream mixture. The kids and I really loved it! Hubby said it was okay, but not really his taste. Thanks! =D
Served this with crisp tacos to make a main meal..we enjoyed the flavours and loved the cheesiness.( the amount of cheese I used was more like 2 cups in total and it was still cheesy) I used lite sour cream.