Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is easy peasy cheesey and absolutely delicious! Sooo easy to put together, and this is definately a crowd pleaser! Those who claim to dislike hominy will be asking you for the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) hominy, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cansortega diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided use
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease 1 1/2
- quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add onion; cook until tender. Add hominy, chiles, 1/2 half cup cheese, sour cream and chili powder; stir well. Season to taste with salt and black ground pepper. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a HUGE hit! I had kids and adults fighting over the last couple of servings. A definate do over!!!