Recipe by Tish
Another converted recipe from Cooking light for OAMC use. These are obviously good and like right away and a good alternative to fast food if you want something quick at home.
Top Review by truckerboo
Made pretty much as directed. I used green enchilada sauce instead of green taco sauce due to personal preference. I froze the uncooked enchiladas without sauce and cheese as I was afraid they would be soggy. When I was ready to cook I took them out to defrost and when they were ready to cook I added the sauce and cheese. They turned out great when cooked fresh. They were also good from frozen. I was afraid to use the combination of red and green but they worked well together.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided (4 oz)
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled green taco sauce
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and saute onions until soft.
- Meanwhile, mix chicken, 1/2 c.
- cheddar, picante sauce and cream cheese.
- Addto onions and cook over low heat until cheese begins to melt.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup filling on each tortilla ands roll up.
- Place enchiladas (seam side down) in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Drizzle with taco sauce and remaining cheese.
- *Note:I flash freeze them and bag at this point in family size portions.
- If you are going ahead and eating now cover and bake at 350F 15 minutes.
- If you are pulling from the freezer, thaw in the refrigerator then bake.