1/2 Photos of Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas
Believe me, I am not much of Mexican food eater. But this dish is fantastic! And it may be because it doesn't have a lot of the "authentic" ingredients that a lot of other enchiladas do. But, every time I serve them, I get rave reviews!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (or browned ground beef)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican blend cheese (2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (19 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Place cooked chicken in a large bowl. Add 1 cup of the Mexican cheese, all the cheddar cheese, 2 cups red peppers, chili powder, salt and cumin; toss to combine.
- 3Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels; place in a microwave and warm at 100% power for 2 minutes. Alternatively, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm in heated 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- 4Whisk together enchilada sauce and half-and-half in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup evenly in bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- 5Dip one side of a tortilla into sauce mixture in bowl; place, dipped side u, on a work surface. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture across center of tortilla; roll up, enclosing filling. Place, seam side down, in sauce in baking dish.
- 6Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Pour remaining sauce mixture in bowl over enchiladas in dish.
- 7Chop remaining 1/2 cup red peppers. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup Mexican cheese over encholadas in dish. Top with chopped peppers. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- 8Bake enchiladas in heated 350 oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Bake enchiladas, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese on top is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.9
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.8 mg
- Sodium 828.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 25.1 g