Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a super easy egg dish that can be made for breakfast, bruch or even dinner. Your entire family will enjoy this light and delicious tart. You can even double the recipe and freeze the extra tart for up to a month in your freezer. I found this kid-pleasing dish in a Parenting magazine.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake pie shell for 5 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside. Reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- Microwave broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl for about 3 minutes at full power, or until thawed. Drain well in colander.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of swiss chees over pie shell. Top with broccoli and onion.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until blended. Stir in milk, salt, and pepper, and pour over broccoli. Sprinkle on remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until tart is golden brown and puffy.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving warm.
I made this for ZWT 5's trip to Australia and New Zealand and it was a tasty and easy to put together recipe. I used fresh broccoli and just zapped the bowl of florets for about 2 minutes in the microwave before adding to the tart. I also used Egg Beaters and non-fat milk and it tasted wonderful.
I had the neighbors over for a brunch and made this lovely tart. I served it with a side of fruit. They raved about it and asked for the recipe. This quick and easy dish will surely please your family and friends. Thanks so much for sharing it, CarolAT's. Can't wait to make it again.