5 hrs 5 mins
4 hrs 45 mins
Aunt Cookie's Note:
This is a good dish to serve at a brunch, particularly since all the "hard" work can be done the night before. Note that the cooking time includes a few hours for refrigeration. I think I got this one from the Byerly's cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Layer bread, broccoli, and 1/2 of cheese in a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 2Combine eggs, milk, mustard, spice, and salt; pour over the strata.
- 3Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- 4Preheat the oven, and sprinkle the strata with paprika.
- 5Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes.
- 6Add remaining cheese to the top; bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean (about 10-15 minutes).
- 7Allow to set for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Broccoli Strata
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.7
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 522.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: