Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Busy night time-saving meal. Kids love them.
- 7 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 32 ounces vegetarian refried beans (I highly recommend using Diana Neal's recipe for refried beans refer to Recipezar Refried Beans)
- 4 ounces canned green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Prepare filling by mixing refried beans, chilies, cumin and garlic together in a bowl.
- Spoon approximately 4 ounces bean filling into the center of each tortilla and top with about one tablespoon of cheese.
- Fold in ends and then sides.
- Place burritos seam side down on baking sheets that have been sprayed with vegetable oil spray.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown.
Incredible: I 'dry fried 1.5 tspn whole cumin seeds (and then ground them) and halfed the amount of chillies (next time I'd use full amount). I had intended to serve the burritos with Spanish Rice (see 'Daphne 2002' review) plus salsa etc but the burritos were all eaten up by 'tasters' within 5 minutes of coming out of the oven, I couldn't believe it! A fantastic recipe!
Pretty good. Buttered tortillas and made them like quesadillas, served them with sour cream. Thanks for sharing!
I have made this over and over for my family, and they continue to ask for more! This is an easy and quick way to get food on the table!