Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Australian Women's Weekly. I served this with soup - makes a substanstial meal. And the recipe is easy, simple and tasty.
- 4 slices Italian bread or 4 slices baguette
- 2 slices thin bacon, quartered
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, grated (use more if you like your toasts cheesy)
- Place bacon on a foil-lined baking tray.
- Grill until bacon is browned and crisp.
- Grill the bread slices until browned lightly, spread with mustard, top with cheese.
- Grill the bread until cheese melts, then top with bacon.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.