Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
i was just playing around in my kitchen and came up with these, they taste great and make good lunchbox fillers, snacks or appetisers. It really is best to use puff pastry but the toppings could easily be changed.Prep time does not include thawing pastry(15min)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated cheese, i use colby, but any cheese will do
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced bacon
- Lightly sprinkle bacon over pastry, followed by cheese.
- Cut into strips 1/2" wide 2 or 3" long.
- Bake 230deg for approx 5-10 mins, or until golden. (keep an eye on them they will not take long to burn if forgotten!)
- These can be made with any topping you like, i sometimes add olives, but you could just as easily make it a sweet by using choc spread and nuts.
I'm giving this 4 stars because the flavor is there. The issues I had though: I baked these at 400 degrees not 230, and baked for 14 minutes not 5-10. I still think they could have baked longer. I cut them into little squares instead of sticks, but I don't think that is a problem. All in all, great flavor and they did disappear fast. I will make these again with the changes mentioned, and I do think they'd be great to change up with different toppings. Made for Bargain Basement Dec 2010.