Recipe by Dib's
I found this on the net last year-it's a great fall soup! Serve with a crisp apple salad and a hot loaf of bread.
Top Review by *Parsley*
OMG! Cheese and bacon soup! This is the best soup to make for the boys watching football. They love cheese; they love bacon; they don't even notice the veggies. I cut the bacon down to 12 oz just to make me feel better. This is a winner! Thanx!
- 1 (1 lb) package bacon
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup minced green pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup canned corn niblet
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, not packed but not loose either
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy bottom soup pot cook bacon until browned and crisp.
- Remove and pour off 1/2 of the drippings.
- Cook the veggies over medium heat for around 5 minutes or until tender.
- Blendnd the flour, salt and pepper.
- Slowly stir in the half and half, milk and broth.
- Add 1/2 of the cooked bacon, crumbled.
- Cover and cook until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese stirring untel melted and well blended.
- Crumble remaining bacon and garnish the soup.